I am the only candidate who is currently a member of Boris’s team in City Hall. I have a proven track record of delivering for Londoners both as Deputy Mayor for Policing & Crime and as a tax-cutting Council Leader in Hammersmith & Fulham.
I have a plan to secure London’s future. As Mayor I vow to make London less expensive for hard working people.
The Greenhalgh Plan4London will:
1. Cut tube and rail fares by 3% annually saving an average commuter £900 over 4 years.
I will root out waste and protect front-line investment.
2. Build 100,000 new homes for Londoners to own over 4 years.
I will deliver half of these as affordable homes for essential city workers and half as starter homes for Londoners to own on TfL/GLA land.
3. Maintain a safe capital city on reduced budgets.
I will use council tax and growth from business rates to protect neighbourhood policing with 5,000 dedicated officers.
4. Tackle the air pollution which blights our city.
I will ban all dirty diesel vehicles from central London as fast as humanly possible.
5. Improve the quality of London’s bus service.
I will ensure that every bus becomes a “jobs express” for shift workers whilst freezing bus fares for 4 years.